Monday 14 February 2011

Notes on my Chosen Genre

I have gone for a hybrid genre. My main genre is Thriller, however; I have decided to incorperate an aspect of Horror into my film to make it that little bit more exciting. I think that the Horror aspect will excite my audience, while the Thriller aspect will encourage my audience to think. I have chosen these genres because I think that Thriller films are exciting and I have a lot of ideas of what a good Thriller film should look like. Also, I lot of my initial ideas were a combination of Horror and Thriler, which is why I have chosen this genre. I have also chosen Horror as I think that the Horror aspect can be used to add to the development of the characters and could be used to strengthen and stress the psychotic themes in the film.

I see Thriller films as a cross between Action and Horror, however Thriller films allow the audience to engage in the film and forces your audience to think. I like this characteristic in Thriller films as, like action films, it can engage your audience while at the same time, the horror aspect can be used to scare your audience.

I see Horror films as a lot of blood and gore that terrifies the audience. I think that this is effective as it makes your audience feel highly self conscious and uncomfortable. I plan to use this not as the main genre in the film, but as a method of scaring my audience and make them feel as uncomfortable as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment