Monday 18 April 2011

My 2nd Rough Cut

Below is the second rough cut of my film, which I have also shown to a similar audience as my first rough draft. I have also shown my 2nd rough draft to some of the people I showed my first draft to so that they can compare and offer me feedback, saying what the like about what i have improved and what still need to be adapted.



I exhibited my film to people in my early target audience (aged 15-16.) They replied positively to my film, saying that they liked the use of music, my film left them on edge and that it left them wanting to know more. My audience were left asking questions like, "has he killed somebody?" and "what were the two girl's purposes?" I was also told that my own film was similar to the film "Shutter Island", which I thought was a good thing as if this is a film that some of the audience have seen and enjoyed then my film would attract them too. I was however told that they didn't understand the pictures of the girl appeared at the beginning of my film. I feel that this is not too much of a problem as my film's opening only serves to set up the film and the rest of the film will elabourate on what is seen in the film.


I also exhibited my film to older teenagers (aged 17-19.) They also gave me possitive fedback, saying that the contrast of colours is good and that the montage used at the end of my film was very effective. They said that the typing at the end of my film didn't work, ohowever I only included this to show that I planned to proceed with the rest of my film. Also, my audience said that the static sound effects did not work. I plan to use the sound of a camera going off to create more of a stalker-ish feel. I was also told to get rid of the "based on a true story" title, as it didn't work. I was also told that I should edit the font of my titles so that they are more ledgible.

No comments:

Post a Comment