Tuesday 12 October 2010

My Preliminary Task - Introduction

For my preliminary task, we were asked to create a short piece of continuous media that contains a matched cut, a shot reverse shot and dialogue containing the 180 degree rule. For my piece, I needed to show a person walking through a door, sitting down at a table and exchanging dialogue with another person. For this piece, I plan to base my piece around a guy who had been caught by secret services, and is being interrogated by a woman, who works for the secret services. This section of the scene does not show any specific genre, although I want it to seem like it’s from an action based film. For this piece, I plan to make woman to appear more dominant to the male, so I plan to use a lot more low angle shots when filming the woman and a lot more high angle shots for the male. Also, as I want this scene to build up suspense, I plan to use slow paced editing to build suspense. I think that scenes that do not include sound can build suspense, so I will try to include scenes without sound. I plan to use a dolly shot to film tracking shots, as it will make these tracking shots as smooth as possible. Also, I want to use a tripod and pivot the camera around it so that my pan shots will also be smooth. I plan to use the match on action requested by the exam board to film the person going through the door, as this was what was requested. I will use a shot reverse shot so that the audience will be able to see what the first person says, followed by the second person's reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment