Friday 18 March 2011

My Final Decision on Cast

After careful deliberation, I have decided on my cast. I plan to tell my cast they have been successful as soon as possible. Below, are short extracts from the successful candidates and why I have chosen them:

Jovelle (Teen)
I have decided to use myself for this role. I have chosen to film myself because I have drawn a lot of the character’s traits from my own persona and therefore I feel that I will be best suited to portray the character. Also, as I will know what I want the character to do in each scene, it will be easier to direct myself to do what I am looking for than someone else. As I will be filing myself, I will either be using a tripod to film and edit most of the clips, or I will need to hire someone who can film me for more complex scenes.

Krystal (Teen)
I have decided to use Louise Chick to play this character. I have chosen her because her personality matches that of the character and I think that out of all the auditioned actresses, she would relate to the character easier than the other actresses. Her acting ability is high and she can use the base idea of the character and put her open pin on the role, which is what I am looking for in my actors. I also think that she is easy to direct and fun to work with, which will make the filming stage of my film more bearable.

Father
I have decided to scrap this character as I don’t think that this character is a need. I think that it’ll be a lot better to stick to the main character as the film’s narrative focuses in the character’s growth. As this character is made reference to in the opening but if not a necessity, I will not use him.

Raven
I have decided to use Devon Dalton. I have chosen her because her appearance it the closest to the character out of all of the auditioned actresses. She is also the closest fit to my initial Character Profile and has a good understanding of the role. I will need to specifically style her make up before filming her so that she fits the Gothic role, and I will need to find a costume that fits her body shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment